FLTK versions in Cygwin [was: Re: units: update, FHS compliance]

Albrecht Schlosser cygwin@go4more.de
Mon Jan 25 00:53:00 GMT 2010

Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:
> On 24/01/2010 09:00, Albrecht Schlosser wrote:
>> $ ./configure --enable-cygwin --enable-x11 --enable-shared
>
> Indeed, this does appear to work OOTB, although --enable-cygwin and
> --enable-x11 should be the defaults.  I shouldn't have to say that I do
> *not* want to cross-compile (besides that -mno-cygwin is no longer
> supported).

Well, the defaults are not selected for Cygwin builds, and they are
okay for normal Windows GDI builds.  But you are right for Cygwin.

I'am aware that -mno-cygwin is no longer supported, but there's
nothing we can do until a working gcc-4 cross compiler exists.
So long we need to use gcc-3 for Windows/GDI builds (or Cygwin).

>> unfortunately these are in the src/ directory, but that's a minor
>> issue. Maybe they are not installed correctly, but that can be
>> fixed.
>
> They are not installed at all by 'make install'.

Yep, that's what I expected, but didn't check (yet).  This may
well be changed...

>> Yes, FLTK 2 is an experimental version that stalled, there's
>> currently no development, and it will probably be dropped completely.
>
> I had been wondering why it's been so many weeks since the last "weekly"
> snapshot.
>
>> Agreed. The current Cygwin version is 1.1.8, the latest stable
>> release is 1.1.10. Current development is 1.3.0, but as I wrote,
>> a release is not yet available.
>
> I have added a .cygport for the latest 1.3 snapshot:
>
> http://cygwin-ports.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/cygwin-ports/ports/trunk/x11/fltk/

Wow, that was fast.  I don't know cygport, but I can see one small
glitch: Fluid is called fluid[.exe] and not fluid2, as in FLTK 2,
and the man page is fluid[.man] and not fluid2.

Albrecht