Missing documentation on bash

Paul McFerrin pmcferrin@columbus.rr.com
Thu Jan 14 22:39:00 GMT 2010

Folks:

I'm still having problems getting these .bat files to work under MS
scheduler.  Okay, I have swore off .bat files and have installed
"cron".  No more interactions between MS-DOS and Cygwin scripting.
These scripts are totally cygwin scripting.  I'm a happy camper!!

As far as trying "bash".  I didn't.

| Folks:

|  I can't seemed to find any man pages for bash or other |  |  |
documentation. I'm having terriable problems is getting my |   .bat/.sh
script working and I'm thinking changing shells. I |  normally use the
same routine for all .bat scripts.

|     =====backup_e.bat======
|  echo off
|  set ENV="/dev/null"
|  set PATH=C:\cygwinV\bin;%PATH%
|  SET IS_CYGWIN=true
|  set HISTSIZE=1200
|  set HOME="/dev/null"
|  set CYGWIN=tty
|  ksh -c echo off
|  set ENV="/dev/null"
|  set PATH=C:\cygwinV\bin;%PATH%
|  SET IS_CYGWIN=true
|  set HISTSIZE=1200
|  set HOME="/dev/null"
|  set CYGWIN=tty
|  ksh -c "C:/cygwinV/backup_e"

|  were the bulk of cygwin's work in done by backup_e
|  until I officially cut over to 1.7. Now only the backup for |  "e" is
working. Every other batch script is now fainling.

|  In one batch script, I had to replace a link I used ksh. It |  is
working now. In another case, I got permission denied with|   the target
of ksh and mode 766.

 |  I'm still playing with this one. If I can only get back to a |
template that works, I'll be happy.