Revamp cygwin.com project page?

Thomas Wolff towo@towo.net
Mon Jan 4 00:36:00 GMT 2010

Reini Urban schrieb:
> 2009/12/26 Kristopher Ives:
>
>> Thanks. I can modify the colors and the logo idea was just to see what
>> people thought. The design was very short work and was my attempt at
>> giving back to the Cygwin project. I was needing feedback and wanted
>> to know if this was a possibility.
>>

> I also dislike the color (brown?) and new logo, but the layout could
> definitely need
> a refresh.
> But please no MS-like light blue as the new postgresql page.

And please, no MS-like boring fonts either.

Christopher Faylor had written:
> Thanks for the offer but I don't like the color scheme or the
> newly-invented logo.  There also isn't enough to go on in this page to
> really decide if it's worth changing especially since I can't look at
> the html and so, don't know how hard it would be to maintain -
> especially since that look and feel would have to be propagated to all
> the other cygwin pages.
I've set up a sample at http://towo.net/cygwin/cygwin.html to
demonstrate that a lot can be tuned with minimal modification of the
actual HTML page (just one line, the reference to the style sheet).
So the modified navigation area is completely style-sheet-driven only.

By the way, wasn't the discussion going towards the fancy new hippo icon
to replace the edgy C?
Actually I had the idea to modify the hippo slightly to carve a letter C
along the shape of its bottom...
Maybe someone with more experience in graphics tools could give it a
try......

Thomas