ssh problem using publickey in domain environment

Andrew DeFaria Andrew@DeFaria.com
Wed Feb 24 16:57:00 GMT 2010

> On Feb 24 07:44, Andrew DeFaria wrote:

>>> I added a FAQ entry lately:
>>>
>>> http://cygwin.com/faq/faq-nochunks.html#faq.using.sshd-in-domain
>>>
>> You might want to change that to:
>>
>> $ mkpasswd -l -d your_domain>>   /etc/passwd
>> $ mkgroup -l -d your_domain>>   /etc/group
>>
>> so as not to destroy whatever the user had in /etc/{passwd,group}.
>>
> IMHO that's not a good idea.  The passwd and group files should be
> regenerated at this point to get a stable, well-defined state, and then
> you can re-add any local changes at your heart's content.  YMMV, of
> course.

I mistyped. If all that was really required was getting cyg_server in
there then perhaps -u cyg_server should have been used. In any event I
think you should point out that this will replace the current
/etc/{passwd,group}
--
Andrew DeFaria <http://defaria.com>
What was the best thing before sliced bread?