Cygwin build scripts in perl

Ilguiz Latypov ilatypov@infradead.org
Tue Feb 23 23:30:00 GMT 2010

(a) I found that winsup/cygwin/mkimport specified non-existent file names as arguments to objcopy invocations.  I am not sure why this did not cause build breaks earlier.

(b) It appears perl 5.6 and, possibly, perl 5.10 do not implement the "list form of pipe" in calls to "open()",

  open $my_fd, '-|', $cmd, $arg1, $arg2

I got around that by using regular pipes.

(c) The Windows native build of perl wrapped into a cygpath-translating script /usr/bin/perl will require protection of drive letters when using a regex in speclib.  I believe this change may still work with Cygwin builds of perl.

I am not aware of the purpose of the two scripts that I modified, but the fixes made my build succeed.

$ cat /usr/bin/perl
#! /bin/bash
args=()
for f ; do