bash slow to get prompt

Tue Feb 16 15:41:00 GMT 2010

On 02/16/2010 07:06 AM, lanco wrote:
> Hi,
> does anyone encountered this problem during its experience with cygwin 1.5?
> Commands in bash (ls, cd, awk, ncftp, sed, ...) appears executed
> correctly but prompt get many seconds to come back to life. This block u
> from useful execution of scripts.  All worked correctly, maybe untill some
> gauche action on system?
> Could some action patch this problem?
> Attached the output of cygcheck -s -v -r (_srv) and cygcheck -c (_c)

I don't see anything obvious.  My best guess would be
<cygwin.com/acronyms/#BLODA>.  Of course, your Cygwin installation is
4 years out of date.  Even if you don't plan to update to 1.7.1, you
could install the most recent legacy version of the tools, which would
get you a little closer to current.

Holliston, MA 01746