problem building brltty's java with cygwin 1.7

Mon Feb 15 00:26:00 GMT 2010

On 15/02/2010 00:09, Samuel Thibault wrote:

> using gcj test.java results to the same error.  This is gcj 4.3.4
> 20090804 (release) 1. Am I perhaps missing some package? I have
> installed gcc4-java.

  Did you check /usr/share/doc/Cygwin/gcc4.README(*), in the section "Java
users need an additional download to compile source to bytecode"?  You need
ecj.jar, which isn't yet part of the distro.  There's a script provided to
help you download it: try ". /usr/sbin/download_ecj.sh", if you haven't
already.  (NB: the "." - it means the same as the "source" builtin - is
required, because the script lost its execute perms owing to a packaging error.)

[  Note that you may still run into bugs, which I'd like to hear about.  gcj-4
is still work in progress.  I hope 4.5.0 to be better.  ]

    cheers,
      DaveK
--
(*) - Also in the package release announcement:
http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-announce/2009-12/msg00014.html