AW: AW: [bulk] - Re: One Problem solved other found -> dlclose not calling destructors

DEWI - N. Zacharias N.Zacharias@dewi.de
Tue Feb 9 09:41:00 GMT 2010

Moin Moin,

Are you shure that the .33 version is the version of the Perl Debug Plug-In  not the version of the EPIC Source Plug-in (vernr. 0.6.35)??
( help->About  Eclipse Platform ->  Features Details->EPIC Project ->Plug-in Details-Perl Debug Plug-in)

>   Not having used EPIC debugger before I wasn't quite sure what to look for,
> but once I figured out how to configure it I was able to run your helloworld
> example and step over it.  I didn't see any hang, or "launching delegate"
> stuff, it seemed like it was working; I could step over the print statement
> and see the output and let the program run to completion.
>
>   So you should at least try updating your EPIC to the latest, maybe it'll
> work for you too.

As far as I can figure out it is the latest version I use. I use the autoupdate
feature and   a manual update try don't change anything

But I discovered a small change in the perl output regarding on which cygwin1.dll
version Iuse.

In  a xterm with bash using

 /usr/bin/perl5.10.1.exe -d hw.pl

I get
With the cygwin1.dll provided by Corinna (without the applied patch)

Editor support available.

Enter h or `h h' for help, or `man perldebug' for more help.

main::(hw.pl:3):        print "hello world\n";
  DB<1>

With cygwin1-20100207.dll

Editor support available.

Enter h or `h h' for help, or `man perldebug' for more help.

main::(hw.pl:3):        print "hello world\n";
  DB<1.>

The difference is the  dot after DB<1

Exactly there eclipse hangs.  (have a look at the attachment)

Do anyone have an idea why if only the cygwin1.dll is changed
the behavior of perl differs in this way??

I think the RE of eclipse which waits for the prompt fails because of the dot.

Have a nice time
Norbert

Dipl. Phys.
Norbert Zacharias
Wind Measurements & Power Curve Measurements
DEWI GmbH
Ebertstrasse 96
26382 Wilhelmshaven
Germany

Tel.:   +49 4421 4808 876

Fax:    +49 4421 4808 843

Email:  N.Zacharias@dewi.de
Home:   http://http://www.dewi.de

DEWI GmbH - Deutsches Windenergie-Institut, Wilhelmshaven
Commercial Register No.: Amtsgericht Oldenburg, HRB 130241
Managing Director: Jens Peter Molly
Chairman of the supervisory board: Ministerialrat Dr. Niels Kämpny