dd to linux partition

Fergus fergus@bonhard.uklinux.net
Tue Dec 21 18:02:00 GMT 2010

 > I've never tried it for other than ID b  i.e. ext2
                                         ^^
                                         83

Also inodes have to be 128 bytes or less. I think current versions of
mke2fs default to 256, so you have to use mke2fs -I128 when setting up
the Linux partition initially. You might need a bit of reconfiguring
before you can finally back up your partition but Ext2IFS (or similar
and possibly better) is an invaluable pathway into your system.

Fergus