Task program - Aborted (core dumped) failure on CYGWIN_NT-5.1 1.7.8s(0.231/5/3) 20100924 15:55:44 i686 Cygwin

Wed Dec 15 21:06:00 GMT 2010

On 12/15/2010 2:20 PM, Keith Christian wrote:
>>> Please do not send unsolicited strace output to the list.  If you send
>>> the complete file, you'll essentially be spamming everyone with lots of
>>> potentially unneeded data.  If you send a snippet, 99% of the time you'll
>>> have chosen the wrong thing to cut/paste.
>
> I'll refrain from doing so in the future.
>
>> Btw, you're running a snapshot from September.  You should either drop
>> back to the released version of Cygwin or use a newer snapshot.
>
> Good point, will replace with an appropriate DLL.
>
> Hope the cygcheck.out file will help troubleshoot the described problem.

The only thing I see is a reference to ZoneAlarm (could be other BLODA
too).  I don't any sign that this is a rebase problem, though a BLODA
problem can have similar symptoms and it sounds like this is not an app
that comes from cygwin.com so....  Changing the Cygwin DLL may be the
solution too.  But if none of that "easy" advice helps, I'd recommend
looking for what changed between the time it was working and now.

--
Larry