setup.exe crashes when downgrading gcc4

Andy Koppe andy.koppe@gmail.com
Tue Aug 31 06:31:00 GMT 2010

On 30 August 2010 13:43, Peter Münster wrote:
>> - it seems, that it crashes now, whatever I do...
>
> Hello,
>
> I've found "the solution": instead of using mirror rz.ruhr-uni-bochum.de I
> switched to mirror tu-dresden.de. Now there is no more crash!

Good.

The Bochum http mirror works fine for me, but the ftp one just stops
during the download of setup.bz2, so it seems something's not right
with that server. Which one were you using?

Regarding the crash, I can only guess that the Bochum mirror's
subdirectory in your Cygwin download directory had somehow got into an
inconsistent state. Of course that shouldn't cause a crash, but if you
do want to use that mirror again you could try deleting its
subdirectory.

If you do see the crash again, sending /var/log/setup.log.full may be
helpful too.

Andy