xfig startup with latest user versions of xfig

Carl Lund c.lund1@comcast.net
Tue Aug 31 02:16:00 GMT 2010

Hi--

After updating to the latest version of xfig, I got the following error
message from xfig when I ran (countr.fig is a new figure I am building):

xfig countr.fig &

The app-defaults file (version: 3.2.4) is older
    than this version of xfig (3.2.5b).
You should install the correct version or you may lose some features.
This may be done with "make install" in the xfig source directory.

I don't build cygwin routines myself.  I assume that the setup routines take
care of consistency requirements such as this, so I thought I should send
you this note.

Thanks!

Carl Lund