[ANNOUNCEMENT] [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: mintty-0.8.2-1
Mon Aug 23 07:22:00 GMT 2010
mintty 0.8.2-1 is on its way to the Cygwin mirrors. This is a bugfix release.
Mintty is a terminal emulator for Cygwin with a native Windows user
interface and minimalist design. Among its features are Unicode
support and a graphical options dialog. Its terminal emulation is
largely compatible with xterm, but it does not require an X server.
Mintty is based on code from PuTTY by Simon Tatham and team.
- Fixed bug causing 100% CPU consumption when keeping the terminal
open after the child process exited.
- The next keypress after the child process exited closes the
- Fixed bug that opened the window in fullscreen mode when it was
meant to be hidden (e.g. when started with cygstart's --hide
- Tweaked postinstall and preremove scripts to better cope with "Just
for me" installations.
Previous changes from 0.7.1:
- Copy-on-select is enabled by default.
- The default font size was reduced from 10 to 9, more in line with
the Windows console's default.
- I/O handling was redesigned using /dev/windows and select(). The
result of this is that signals sent to mintty are now handled
immediately. In particular, suspending mintty works properly now.
- A new option allows to put the scrollbar on the left-hand side of
the window. It's on the 'Window' pane of the options dialog.
- The line cursor is displayed with the thickness configured in the
Windows accessibility control panel (which defaults to 1 pixel).
- Excess line content is no longer thrown away when narrowing the
window, i.e. it now reappears if the window is widened again
afterwards. (Rebreaking of long lines is not done though.)
- Changing the font smoothing setting takes effect immediately after
pressing OK or Apply.
- Failure to save options triggers an error message instead of
silently forgetting the options.
- A couple of annoyances in the handling of mouse clicks were fixed.
The mintty manual is installed as a manpage ('man mintty'), and it's
also available in PDF format at
Questions and comments can be sent to the mintty discussion group at
http://groups.google.com/group/mintty-discuss or the Cygwin mailing
list at email@example.com. Please use the issue tracker at
http://code.google.com/p/mintty/issues/list to report bugs or suggest
To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link
on the http://cygwin.com/ web page. This downloads setup.exe to
your system. Then, run setup and answer all of the questions.
*** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***
If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, look
at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.
Send email to the address specified there. It will be in the format:
If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
More information about the Cygwin