Using ssmtp called in a script called by a crontab entry...

Blaine Miller bmiller@coastside.net
Fri Aug 20 23:39:00 GMT 2010

Pierre,

First of all, let me thank you for your very quick response. I believe
we're getting closer.

when I execute:  */usr/sbin/ssmtp blaine.miller@smithmicro.com* I get
this for a response...

ssmtp: Cannot open exchange.smsi.com:25

I would guess that either I've got the wrong mailhub name, the wrong
port, both are wrong or the mailhub doesn't allow forwarding??? I won't
be able to check with the person who runs our mail system until next
Wednesday, the 25th.

I'd like to check in with you then just to see if it all works once I
have the kinks ironed out.

Thanks for your time, patience and speedy responses...

Blaine