endless problems with SSHD - bug ??

Tue Aug 17 21:40:00 GMT 2010

On 8/17/2010 5:28 PM, Bob Goldberg wrote:
> running cygwin 1.7.6; trying to copy files from a win2k wkstn to a win2k
> server.
> running within a windows domain; but not using domain for authentication;
> using public keys.
>
> I have read every bit of content I can find, and can't find any answers to
> my problems. I:
> 1) HAVE installed sshd with the host-config script
> 2) rebaseall&  peflagsall after last install/update
> 3) have checked EVERY entry in any conf file I can think of/locate
>
> Maybe I should start with what I want, and where I'm at. It's the pursuit of
> what I want that has led me down DOZENS of tangential problematic paths.
>
> I simply want to copy files from 1 pc to another using a script initiated by
> either a user or cron entry. Ideally this would happen using scp into a
> chroot'ed environment.

chroot on Cygwin is completely faked.  Don't use it.  It will cause
headaches.

As for your problem with ssh <command>, you've apparently missed this
appropriately titled tidbit in your googling:

<http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2000-07/msg01050.html>

This may just be because you're trying to use 'rbash' as your login shell.
I didn't test that theory.

Holliston, MA 01746