Existence check fails on Cygwin Perl

Tue Aug 17 14:19:00 GMT 2010

On Aug 17 14:58, Lemke, Michael  SZ/HZA-ZSB2 wrote:
> Now that 1.7.6 has appeared at my favorite mirror I repeated the test:
>
> pc> uname -a
> CYGWIN_NT-5.1 p01080268 1.7.6(0.230/5/3) 2010-08-16 16:06 i686 Cygwin
> pc> ls -ls //junk/file
> ls: cannot access //junk/file: No such file or directory
>
> Great, it's fixed.
>
> But wait:
>
> pc> ls -ls //server/junk
> 0 -rw-r--r-- 1 lemkemch Domain Users 0 Dec  1  2006 //server/junk
>
> I was wrong above, here is a server called 'server'.  But it doesn't have
> a file 'junk'.
>
> Doing the equivalent from a DOS box:
>
> U:\>dir \\server\junk
> Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.

Works for me if the server called "server" exists, but has no
share named "junk".

  bash$ ls -ls //server/junk
  ls: cannot access //server/cygwinx: No such file or directory

The noticable difference is that the access returns another error
on the Win32/native NT level:

  C:\>dir \\server\junk
  The network name cannot be found.

So there's YA error possible when accessing a non-existant share.
Great!  To fix this for Cygwin 1.7.7, I need an strace from you:

  bash$ strace -o share-logon-failure.trace ls //server/junk

Just send the share-logon-failure.trace file as attachment.

Corinna

Red Hat