Mode dependent cursor shape lost in cygwin Vim in a Windows console

Andy Koppe andy.koppe@gmail.com
Sat Aug 14 17:30:00 GMT 2010

On 13 August 2010 22:30, JOHNER Jean 066030 wrote:
>> No, but I'm sure a patch implementing the DECSCUSR control sequence
>> using SetConsoleCursorInfo() would be welcome. (Copyright assignment
>> required.)
>
> I guess this patch is not in Vim code (which is able to do the job in a
> normal cmd console window) but rather in cygwin.dll which reconfigures
> the console.

Correct. Theoretically this could be patched into Cygwin vim, but the
whole point of Cygwin is that Unix/Linux programs can be compiled and
run (nearly) unmodified, so that's not going to happen.

> Could you implement such a patch yourself?

No. I don't maintain the console and mintty keeps me busy enough already.

Andy