How to pass parameters to a windows application

Andrey Repin anrdaemon@freemail.ru
Mon Aug 2 15:55:00 GMT 2010

Greetings, Jason Pyeron!

> I am at my wits end trying to figure out how to execute this in bash

C:\WINDOWS>>cmd /c "start "" "C:\Documents and Settings\All
> Users\Desktop\projects\crisfield\trunk\etc""

> jpyeron@phoenix /projects/crisfield
> $ cmd /c "\"start \"\" \"C:\\Documents and Settings\\All
> Users\\Desktop\\projects\\crisfield\\trunk\\etc\"\""
> The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.

$ cmd /c start "" "C:/Documents and Settings/All Users/Desktop/projects/crisfield/trunk/etc"

Windows support both (more precise would be "see no difference between) "/"
and "\" as directory separators. Since DOS 3.3 at least.

--
WBR,

Sorry for my terrible english...