Unknown option 'BackspaceSendsDEL' for mintty from emacs.README.

Ken Brown kbrown@cornell.edu
Sun Aug 1 15:21:00 GMT 2010

On 8/1/2010 10:29 AM, Oleksandr Gavenko wrote:
> In Cygwin 1.7.1 installation in file
>
>     /usr/share/doc/Cygwin/emacs.README
>
> placed tips:
>
>     - mintty: Put BackspaceSendsDEL=1 in your .minttyrc file.
>
> Under "man 1 mintty" present only 'BackspaceSendsBS' option.
>
> What option correct and why I need set it?
> Also please fix emacs.README if it already not fixed.

Your Cygwin installation is out of date.  After updating, you should
probably start with a fresh .minttyrc (or just delete it, and set the
mintty options you want from the mintty options menu).

Ken