Installing a "copy" of an installation on a new computer

Tom Hall tlhall@keepandbeararms.com
Sat Apr 17 02:56:00 GMT 2010

On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 08:38:56AM +0100, Olle Olsson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I found the following
>   http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2006-05/msg00753.html
> which might provide one practical solution. Will try this.
> /olle

I was having trouble coming up with a sed command to convert all the version
numbers to 0.0-0, so instead, I 'cut' all the package names from
/etc/setup/installed.db and built a batch file to call setup.exe with the -P
switch.