1.7.4: Building Xalan-C results in a unusable library

Reto Schneider reto@reto-schneider.ch
Sat Apr 10 19:22:00 GMT 2010

Dave Korn wrote:
>   Ah, the message is confusing.  It is not cygxalan-c111.dll that cannot be
> found, but a library to which it is linked that cannot be found, preventing
> cygxalan-c111.dll from being loaded by Xalan.exe.

First: I'm really sorry for not telling you that I solved the problem in the meantime. (train does
not wait :( )

Thank you a lot for your help, it was exactly this issue. I found this when I got some help in
#cygwin at freenode.

I'll report the two problems to the xalan devs.

Regards,
Reto