NFS server/exports - exported path with embedded spaces is not successful

D O Newbold d.o.newbold@gmail.com
Tue Apr 6 20:50:00 GMT 2010

Attempts to export a directory fail when the directory name includes
space characters.

I use the following to provide read-only access to my entire C:\ drive.
This is successful.

	/cygdrive/c    (ro,all_squash,no_root_squash)

I use additional lines to further control access to various c:\ subdirectories.
These are also successful.

	/cygdrive/c/gsc               (rw,all_squash,no_root_squash)
	/cygdrive/c/temp              (rw,all_squash,no_root_squash)
	/cygdrive/c/Users             (noaccess)
	/cygdrive/c/virtual_machines  (noaccess)

There are other c:\ subdirectories for which I also desire additional control.
The example given here has not been successful due to the embedded
space in the path name.
In this case this is as expected according to documented operation.

	/cygdrive/c/Program Files     (noaccess)

However, I have tried variations, none of which have been successful.
   double quotes
   single quotes
   escaping the space

	"/cygdrive/c/Program Files"   (noaccess)
	'/cygdrive/c/Program Files'   (noaccess)
	/cygdrive/c/Program\ Files    (noaccess)

I've read the man page and find no clarification on the embedded space case.
I don't know if this is a bug or just a shortcoming.

Thanks,

Don