Making package installation default

Andrew DeFaria Andrew@DeFaria.com
Sat Apr 3 04:35:00 GMT 2010

On 04/02/2010 09:28 PM, Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:
> 'setup.exe' doesn't support the GUI you're supposing.
Huh? When I run setup.exe I get a GUI - one we all know and love!
> So it's the command line option or PTC. ;-)  I would think a batch
> file that one can point and click on would satisfy the "point and
> clicky" crowd but I'm sure you understand your users better than I.
>
> 'setup.exe --help' at a command line will give you the list of
> possible options.
I'll poke around at this when I get back to work. I don't run Windows at
home anymore (Well I do have a Win 7 install on a dual boot but this is
the weekend after all!).

And yes a .bat file that you double click would probably suffice however
there is something in the whole setup structure that make certain
packages install by default (e.g. bash.exe) and other packages come up
as "Skip" (i.e. OpenSSH). I'd like to toggle it on for OpenSSH and rxvt
such that when setup.exe runs and they get to the package selection
screen, it says the version number for these and will install them by
default (IOW it won't list them as "Skip"). Is that too much to ask?
--
Andrew DeFaria <http://defaria.com>
If you can survive death, you can probably survive anything.