Permission denied (publickey,password,keyboard-interactive).

Tue Sep 22 23:39:00 GMT 2009

Dave M wrote:
> Hi!
>
>   I am following this:
> http://pigtail.net/LRP/printsrv/cygwin-sshd.html

  All but the part about not asking questions here if their non-standard
instructions don't work for you!  Heh, moving swiftly along there ...

>   And I am to the part where I am testing ssh with the following command:
> $ ssh localhost -l test@localhost
> Test is a local account and a member of the local admin group.

  I think the one localhost is enough and the -l option should have the name
only shouldn't it?  So try either

    ssh localhost -l test

or

    ssh test@localhost

but don't try adding a host part to the -l argument.  I think that'll do it.

    cheers,
      DaveK