cygdrive prefix

Thu Sep 17 14:15:00 GMT 2009

On 09/17/2009 01:18 AM, Andy Koppe wrote:
> 2009/9/16 Dave Korn:
>>> whatever) prefixes when accessing stuff from the other side of the
>>> fence.
>>
>>   Never mind the fence, what colour are we going to paint the bikeshed?
>>
>>   This is purely a matter of taste.
>
> Exactly. I didn't mean to suggest that Cygwin should go into C:\ by
> default. And yes, I'm quite capable of not installing MingW into the
> same place.
>
> My real gripe is with setup telling me off about putting Cygwin in the
> root dir ON EVERY SINGLE UPDATE.

'setup.exe' is ever so stubborn about this.  We've tried talking to it and
cajoling it.
We've even grounded it at times for doing this.  Nothing seems to work.  We had
planned to send it to a summer boot-camp for dastardly and defiant setup
programs
but the weather was so bad it got canceled.  Anyone want to start a fund so we
can send 'setup.exe' to a good psychologist to cure this anti-social behavior?

Holliston, MA 01746