[1.7] recursive /cygdrive problem

Wed Sep 16 16:16:00 GMT 2009

On 09/16/2009 11:55 AM, Shaddy Baddah wrote:
> Respectfully, I think you've misunderstood my problem. I've just
> posted a followup which will show an out and out inconsistency (well,
> at least in my opinion):
>
> Shaddy@x-vista ~
> $ ls /cygdrive/c/software/cygwin/cygdrive
>
> Shaddy@x-vista ~
> $ cd /cygdrive/c/software/cygwin/
>
> Shaddy@x-vista /cygdrive/c/software/cygwin
> $ ls ./cygdrive
> c  d  e
>
> Shaddy@x-vista /cygdrive/c/software/cygwin
> $
>
> IMO, the result of the first ls is the more logical. It at least is
> consistent with 1.5 if anything else (not that this is a strong
> argument).

Yes, this message (and the one you sent about the time I sent my first reply)
clarify the issue, at least for me.  I can reproduce it, though I haven't
looked
into it more.  I can say I tried testing 'du' to see if I could see
recursion and,
somewhat surprisingly (to me), I didn't.  To me however, if we're looking for
consistency, I would say that the results of both invocations of 'ls' above
should
show the list of drives.

FWIW, I think you'll find Cygwin 1.5 behaves the same if you create a 'cygdrive'
(or whatever your cygdrive prefix is called) directory in your '/'.  I may
be wrong
though.  I haven't tried this.

Holliston, MA 01746