[RFU 1.5 and 1.7] subversion-1.6.5-1 and -2

David Rothenberger daveroth@acm.org
Tue Sep 8 14:32:00 GMT 2009

On 9/7/2009 1:41 PM, Thomas Plank wrote:
> Hi David,

Hi Thomas. I'm sending the reply to the cygwin mailing list, too, so
others may benefit. Please follow up there.

> on http://www.mail-archive.com/cygwin-apps@cygwin.com/msg22439.html I saw
> your mails concerning newer versions of subversion.
>
> For me it seems that you have compiled it on your own.
> Did it work for you out of the box?

I apply about 13 patches to the upstream sources to create the package
for Cygwin.

> Since 1.6.0 I am not able to get a new svn version compiled under cygwin,
> there are a lof of undefined references with socket.h
>
> Maybe you can give me a hint.
> Thanks in advance and hopefully I am not annoying.

My first hint is to use the binary packages I provide for Cygwin instead
of compiling it yourself. The latest version is packaged. If you want to
compile it yourself, I suggest downloading the source package I provide
and following the directions in
/usr/share/doc/Cygwin/subversion*.README. The source package also has
all the patches I apply if you're only interested in that.

Yinkel, n.:
         A person who combs his hair over his bald spot, hoping no one
         will notice.
                 -- Rich Hall, "Sniglets"