find not consistent with man/info pages? Was: Re: Cygwin 'find' does not support the '-L' predicate?

Lee D. Rothstein l1ee057@veritech.com
Sat Sep 5 04:07:00 GMT 2009

I got the terminology all mixed up, but the bottom line is:

    # '-follow' is supposed to be deprecated, but the replacement
    # '-L' specified in 'man' and 'info' pages does not appear to
    # exist in Cygwin 'find' version 4.5.4
    find "$PWD" -maxdepth 1 -type f -follow -executable | gawk '