Compiling Kernal on Cygwin [ELF Error]

Cygwin User mailing_groups-cygwin@yahoo.in
Wed Sep 2 21:38:00 GMT 2009

Hi all,
As this is my first mail, so I am very sorry for any violation of rules.
I am trying to compile Linux Kernal on Cygwin (May be sounds funny,
but I want to). While doing same I am getting error message as follows
 CC      scripts/mod/empty.o
 HOSTCC  scripts/mod/mk_elfconfig
 MKELF   scripts/mod/elfconfig.h
 Error: not ELF
 make[2]: *** [scripts/mod/elfconfig.h] Error 1
 make[1]: *** [scripts/mod] Error 2
 make: *** [scripts] Error 2

I found one old message in mail list in archive, but it was not fully answered.
I have attached my configuration with mail.

Is it some thing like not possible on Cygwin? Must be some one has did
this before, or may be any other inputs are welcome.
Thanks.
Linux on Windows = Cygiwn