Removed 1.5.25 and installed 1.7.0, but still cannot access filenames containing Unicode

paul.hermeneutic@gmail.com paul.hermeneutic@gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 16:06:00 GMT 2009

On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 09:11, Thomas Wolff <towo@towo.net> wrote:
> I agree absolutely. This setting is needed for many apps and I suggest
> adding it to the default cygwin.bat, where it should probably be
> 'set LC_CTYPE=C.UTF-8' to be more specific and to avoid a national
> preference.

If it is to be added to the default cygwin.bat script, then it should
be created based on the user and/or system settings.  Perhaps this
should become part of the settings verified in the setup.exe process.

Applications that use LANG may depend on the country and language
setting.  Setting only the "C" locale would probably ensure an
assumption of en_US, the developer's locale only, or encourage
avoidance of i18n issues as a whole.  Surely these are not the right
direction.