Even after I install ALL the 'Devel' packages, still receive "no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH" error

Tue Nov 10 03:58:00 GMT 2009

On 11/09/2009 09:35 PM, Chip Panarchy wrote:
> Hello World!!!
>
> I've installed all the Devel packages, plus a few extra.
>
> However, whenever I try to compile a Linux tool with: ./configure, I
> get the following output;
>
> chip@panarchy /cygdrive/n/rancid-2.3.2
> $ ./configure
> configure: WARNING: `missing' script is too old or missing
> checking for a thread-safe mkdir -p... /usr/bin/mkdir -p
> checking for gawk... gawk
> checking for gmake... no
> checking for make... /usr/bin/make
> checking whether /usr/bin/make sets $(MAKE)... yes
> checking for gcc... no
> checking for cc... no
> checking for cl.exe... no
> configure: error: in `/cygdrive/n/rancid-2.3.2':
> configure: error: no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH
> See `config.log' for more details.
>
> Here is an ls of my /usr/bin folder: http://pastebin.com/m3da9e20d
>
> Please tell me how I can get rancid to compile through cygwin.

'gcc' comes from one of the 'gcc*-core' packages.  I'd recommend reading and
following the problem reporting guidelines found at the link below if you
need to
follow-up with the list on this issue.

<http://cygwin.com/problems.html>

> PS: I've also tried install MinGW, to no avail.

That's a separate issue that you'd need to take up with the MinGW folks if you
feel there's something wrong there.

Holliston, MA 01746