Even after I install ALL the 'Devel' packages, still receive "no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH" error

Reid Thompson reid.thompson@ateb.com
Tue Nov 10 03:12:00 GMT 2009

Chip Panarchy wrote:
> Hello World!!!
>
> I've installed all the Devel packages, plus a few extra.
>
> However, whenever I try to compile a Linux tool with: ./configure, I
> get the following output;
>
> chip@panarchy /cygdrive/n/rancid-2.3.2
> $ ./configure
> configure: WARNING: `missing' script is too old or missing
> checking for a thread-safe mkdir -p... /usr/bin/mkdir -p
> checking for gawk... gawk
> checking for gmake... no
> checking for make... /usr/bin/make
> checking whether /usr/bin/make sets $(MAKE)... yes
> checking for gcc... no
> checking for cc... no
> checking for cl.exe... no
> configure: error: in `/cygdrive/n/rancid-2.3.2':
> configure: error: no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH
> See `config.log' for more details.
>
> Here is an ls of my /usr/bin folder: http://pastebin.com/m3da9e20d
>
> Please tell me how I can get rancid to compile through cygwin.
>
> Thanks in advance,

my first step would be to remove the mingw and then re-run setup.exe, re-installing the required packages...
it configures fine for me.  I don't get this warning either ->  configure: WARNING: `missing' script is too
old or missing

http://pastebin.com/m6e134682