setup-1.7.exe replace on boot. Was it deprecated?

Shaddy Baddah shaddy.baddah@tpg.com.au
Sat Nov 7 23:42:00 GMT 2009

Hi,

Robert Pendell wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 7, 2009 at 8:47 AM, Shaddy Baddah wrote:
>
>> /cygdrive/d/Temp/setup-1.7 -L -r /cygdrive/c/cygwin-1.7 -l
>> /cygdrive/d/cygwin-1.7-downloads -P rsync -q

<snip>
>> replace on boot can be turned "off", if I had specified -r, which I
>> hadn't. That suggests that it is "on" by default. Shouldn't setup be

<snip>
> Actually you are if you look at your command line again.
>
> Try this version of it.
>
> /cygdrive/d/Temp/setup-1.7 -L /cygdrive/c/cygwin-1.7 -l
> /cygdrive/d/cygwin-1.7-downloads -P rsync -q
>
> Note the lacking -r in this version.

Ouch. How very embarrassing. That's what happens when you CTRL-r to a
command-line and assume things about it (I normally build the
command-line from the ground up, with no superfluous options).

Thanks Robert. Sorry for the carelessness, list.

Regards,
Shaddy