Long file names not working in cygwin-1.7.0-48

Thu May 28 00:12:00 GMT 2009

jpa wrote:
>  <jpa <at> oz.net> writes:
>
>> I can't access long path and file names after updating to cygwin-1.7.0-48.
> Reverting to cygwin-1.7.0-47
>> fixes the problem. I also tried the 2009-05-18 Snapshot DLL. Hopefully this
> isn't a user error.
>>

> Sorry to harp on this but I can't create a directory structure with a long file
> name in cygwin-1.7.0-48 where I can in -47. I'm quite new to cygwin. Is there a
> way for me to test the long file name support and report back to the list so we
> can see if this is a user error?

Probably the easiest way to get feedback on whether this is a user error or
not is to send a STC <http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#STC> so that it's easy
for someone else to run your example and see the results.  It also would
clarify exactly what you're doing, so there's no guess-work involved. I'd
also recommend sending your 'cygcheck -s -r -v' output as requested by
<http://cygwin.com/problems.html>, if you haven't already as part of this
thread.

Holliston, MA 01746