Upgrade to cygwin 1.7 seemed to trash bash profile, path

Aaron Humphrey alfvaen@gmail.com
Mon May 25 03:55:00 GMT 2009

I've been having some intermittent problems lately with screen
hanging, when it hasn't before.  This is on my home computer, which
was still running 1.5.25, and I've been using screen on 1.7 without
event on my work computer, so I decided to upgrade at home.  I
downloaded setup-1.7, ran it, and went away.  When I came back, it
seemed to have finished successfully.

Just now I tried to run it for the first time, clicking on the cygwin
icon to run cygwin.bat as usual.  What I get is a window with
"bash-3.2$" at the top.  This is not my usual prompt.  I immediately
noticed, too, that PATH was not set, or rather that it didn't include
any Cygwin paths, only Windows.  A look at my home directory showed no
.profile, .bash_profile, .bashrc, or anything.

I've been lurking on this list for long enough that I feel like I
should know what happened, but I confess I don't.  Is it a problem
with the new /etc/fstab?  Was it something trashing my startup files?
I've checked for undone postinstall scripts and found none; I tried
rerunning setup-1.7, then rerunning it and reinstalling base-files,
but to no avail.  Of course, I have no convenient backups of my bash
setup files or anything.

Cygcheck -svr output attached.  Let me know if setup.log.full would
come in handy or anything.

--
 --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
 Current Song--Heart:Back To Avalon