[1.5] Problem with OpenSSH on Windows Home Server (Win2003)

Patrick Aikens paikens@gmail.com
Tue May 19 11:53:00 GMT 2009

Thorsten Kampe wrote:
> * Patrick Aikens (Tue, 19 May 2009 07:08:00 -0400)
>> Patrick Aikens wrote:

>>> So, is this expected behavior then? Is it only possible to log in as
>>> the user that installed the server using password authentication?
>> Is 1.5 not supported anymore? I only see 1.7 questions getting
>> answered, and nobody even tells me to get lost in 4 days... I
>> apologize if I've violated some sort of mailing list rule with my ssh
>> question, I thought I had fulfilled all the requirements of asking a
>> question (including the cygcheck output), but it was late.
>
> I don't think cygcheck will help in this case. Run ssh with -v's and
> sshd with -d's. Check the application eventlog and /var/log/...
>
> Thorsten
>

> --

/var/log/sshd.log is empty

Attached is output from ssh -v to the server from my desktop and output
from 'ls -l /var/log' on the server... I'll try running sshd with -d as
soon as I can and provide that output.  It might be later, but maybe
something will jump out at someone with only this data.

Thanks for the reply... this being a home server, it's important to me
that all the user accounts get ssh access.  Up until now, I've only
needed to set up single user ssh access to my home Windows machines.