expr error

Sun May 17 23:31:00 GMT 2009

Lenik wrote:

>> Are you sure you don't have some competing tools getting in the way of
>> proper cygwin operation?
>>

> No, I've set PATH to cygwin/bin only, before execute expr.

  Doesn't necessarily mean there aren't system-wide hooks being loaded into
every application running.

> stackdump added.

  Can you get this to reproduce under GDB?  A backtrace from the exception
caught there, plus the output from "info files", would tell us more.  From the
tiny bit of stackdump it managed to output before crashing, it does look like
either the stack is very corrupted, or the program counter ended up in a
rather unexpected area of memory owing to some intercepting DLL or similar.

    cheers,
      DaveK