[1.7] Proposal: the filename encoding in C locale uses UTF-8 instead of SO/UTF-8

Sat May 16 15:49:00 GMT 2009

On May 16 13:17, Lenik wrote:
> (This mail is encoded in utf-8)
>
> After tested with 1.7.0-48, many problems are eliminated.
>
> But cygpath doesn't return good pathnames, see:

Looks like cygpath gets the wcstombs system call from ntdll rather than
from cygwin1.dll due to a linking order problem.  Unfortunately ntdll
exports a couple of convenient C functions like wcstombs, or even
sprintf.  I applied a patch so the next version of cygpath should
do the conversion more correctly.

Corinna

Red Hat