[1.7] Updated: {emacs,emacs-X11,emacs-el}-23.0.92-1

Ken Brown kbrown@cornell.edu
Fri May 15 13:29:00 GMT 2009

On 5/15/2009 9:09 AM, gustav wrote:
> Dear Ken,
>
> First, thank you so much for having taken care of Emacs!
>
> I enclose a patch to rmail.el, which I always have to apply, because
> version 21.2 normally attempts to create files with "po:", but neither
> Windows nor Cygwin tolerate that. Current rmail.el checks for Windows,
> but doesn't for Cygwin.

This has already been fixed upstream, as of emacs 22.1.  Here's an
excerpt from the current rmail.el (emacs 23.0.92):

     (concat ".newmail-"
	    (file-name-nondirectory
	     (if (memq system-type '(windows-nt cygwin ms-dos))
		 ;; cannot have colons in file name
		 (replace-regexp-in-string ":" "-" file)
	       file)))

By the way, the patch is no longer needed; as of cygwin 1.7, it's legal
to have colons in file names.

Ken

P.S.  For future reference, it's best to send comments about cygwin
packages to the cygwin mailing list so that others can benefit from them
also.