Cygwin 1.7 setup question

Thu May 14 19:22:00 GMT 2009

On May 14 10:38, Karl M wrote:

> Hi All...
>
> In the recent setup discussion, there was objection to administrators.none as the default for setup to use. I'm not suggesting any changes, just asking questions for my own understanding.
>
> Would administrators.none cause any security issues on an install?

Probably not, except that all local users are member of the None group.
If file are created with 775 or 664 permissions (which hopefully no
package uses), then every local, authenticated user can change the file.

> Is setup expected to eventually run postinstall scripts as administrator.administrators instead of administrators.none?

It's not running scripts as administrators.none, it's running them as
user.users-primary-group.  That's "None" for all local accounts.

Corinna

Red Hat