Selling management on Cygwin

Paul McFerrin pmcferrin@columbus.rr.com
Thu May 14 15:24:00 GMT 2009

If you are looking for technical reason to make cygwin the default, then
give it up.  Of a person has spent years on a MS system, they will be
reluctant to change.  Contrary to a person using a *Unix system will be
very glad to use tools that they know.  You'll trying to force everyone
to use one OS.

When I install cygwin on a new OS, I frequently swear & cuss because the
MS tool set is extremely difficult compared to a *Unix system I have
over 25 years experienced with *Unix.

I can't see any reason for making cygwin availablr to those that prefer
to use it.  With many years of using both, cygwin definitely take the
cake.  Those that choose cygwin, will quickly be more productive and
learn how to cuss out MS!

Long live U N I X !