Setup 1.7 2.621

Mon May 11 16:16:00 GMT 2009

On May 11 08:48, Karl M wrote:
> I then created C:\Cygwin and set the permissions again as above, and
> ran setup again. This time I had administrator.Administrators where I
> previously had administrator.root. I did notice that my /etc/group
> file had each group listed twice (each group listed once, followed by
> each group listed once).

Bug in the base-passwd-3.0-1 package.  I uploaded a fixed 3.1-1 package
a couple of hours ago.

> I'm not sure how to reproduce the administrator.root results of the
> first install. It seems that items created by the installation scripts
> should follow the ownership convention set by setup.

Due to a shortcoming in setup, only the files extracted from packages
and the file created by setup itself get the Administrators group as
primary group.  The postinstall scripts don't have the Administrators
group as primary group, rather it's the default primary group of the
user.  There's a chicken-egg problem and there's no solution for this
yet.

This might explain the "root" group.

Corinna

Red Hat