[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: cvs-1.12.13-1

Sat May 2 16:25:00 GMT 2009

Chris Sutcliffe wrote:
> I found the source of the issue.  Somehow my .cvsrc file was converted
> into DOS line endings, cvs 1.11.22 didn't seem to mind but I guess the
> new cvs is a little more strict.
>
> Sorry for the noise.

The new cvs opens ~/.cvsrc using the default mount mode of the disk,
rather than explicitly opening it in text mode.  I think the new
behavior is more logical even if the old version's laxness allowed a
little sloppiness in some users' setups.  Thanks for posting the results
of your investigation.

The only concern I (would) have is if other versions (msys? old cygwin?
native win32 ports? etc) can use the same ~/.cvsrc even if it has only
unix line endings.  However, I've been doing that, with all those
variants, for years -- so, no problem.

--
Chuck