[ANNOUNCEMENT] [1.7] Updated: cvs-1.12.13-10
Fri May 1 06:36:00 GMT 2009
CVS is the 'Concurrent Versioning System', a widely-used package
for maintianing revision histories of source code. This port is
based on the official cvs-1.12.13 'feature' release, as modified
by debian lenny (version 1:1.12.13-12, 03 Sep 2008).
[[ compiled using gcc-3.4.4-999 ]]
This release is specific for cygwin-1.7. There are a few minor
differences the between this package and the simultaneously-
released cvs-1.12.13-1 for cygwin-1.5, other than the typical
documentation-related ones. Significantly, this version of
cvs supports IPv6, and exploits several new system functions
available in the new cygwin DLL.
CHANGES (from cvs-1.11.22-1)
* Fork for cygwin-1.7 development
- uses *at functions (fstatat, fchmodat, mkdirat, openat, etc)
- supports IPv6
* updated to 'Feature Branch' 1.12.x which adds a number of
new features and bugfixes. See /usr/share/doc/Cygwin/cvs-*/NEWS
* updated to Debian patchset 1.12.13-12
* updated to latest gnulib (2009-04-25, rev.
* updated to latest autoconf (2.63), automake (1.10.1),
and gettext (0.17).
* dropped (unused) cygwin-specific "gdbm" patches
(cygwin cvs has been using flat-file, not gdbm, databases
since 2006. There is no longer any need to maintain these
patches, and because they have never had a future "upstream"
I've decided to abandon them.)
REGRESSION TEST RESULTS:
Fails 2 tests of 175, but 1.11.22-1 failed them too.
(1) rcslib (still has issues with very long symlinks)
(1) abspath (long-standing issue)
However, in "local" mode cvs now passes 2 additional tests
that version 1.11.22-1 failed:
"remote" tests (exercised via an ssh loopback connection):
Fails 11 of 175 tests, but none of the failures are significant.
(1) rcslib : same as local case (not a regression)
(2) parseroot : warning msg preceeding info msg missing
(2) edit-check : error message has different format
(2) writeproxy-noredirect : not really sure what's going on here
(2) writeproxy-ssh-noredirect : ditto
(3) status : timestamps over ssh
(3) conflicts : ditto
(1) lockfiles *1.7-specific* : [*]
(3) binfiles : remote cvs can't track 'C'onflicts with binfiles
(3) config : checkedout file missing group +w permission
(3) stamps : ditto
[*] I believe this is due to cygwin-1.7's "move to hidden folder
try to (re)delete later" functionality, but that's just a guess.
Almost all of the rest of locking functionality works ok. However,
technically this is not a regression, as 1.11.22-1 failed this
test. OTOH, this version of cvs compiled under cygwin-1.5 PASSES
However, in "remote" mode cvs now passes 6 additional tests
that version 1.11.22-1 failed:
(1) not a regression, as 1.11.22-1 exhibited the same behavior
(2) new tests, so not a regression
(3) regreesions. However, the shortcomings seem to be insignificant.
volunteer cvs maintainer for cygwin
To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link
on the http://cygwin.com/ web page. This downloads setup.exe to
your system. Then, run setup and answer all of the questions.
*** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***
If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, look
at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.
Send email to the address specified there. It will be in the format:
If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:
Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is
available starting at this URL.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
More information about the Cygwin