Xterm font resizing broken and input problems in xorg-server 1.5.3-7

Alex Epshteyn alexander.epshteyn@gmail.com
Sat Mar 28 19:54:00 GMT 2009

I realized that there are some startup errors I wasn't seeing by using
the windows shortcut.  Here's what starting xterm on the command line
prints out:

xterm -display 127.0.0.1:0.0 -ls
Warning: Cannot convert string
"-adobe-helvetica-bold-r-normal--*-120-*-*-*-*-iso8859-*" to type
FontStruct
Warning: Cannot convert string "nil2" to type FontStruct
xterm: cannot load font 10x20

I also realized, after some more Googling, that the fonts packages are
no longer included in the distro the same way as before.  I'm trying
to fix the problem by installing all the font-* packages now.  Will
let you know if that worked.