problem with pthread.h

Dana danav@cs.iusb.edu
Wed Mar 25 19:42:00 GMT 2009

I have been trying to compile a program that needs to use the pthread
library under cygwin. I have installed the newest versions of all of the
tools. The file pthread.h is there in /usr/include, but the types used in
it, like pthread_attr_t for example, are normally defined in sys/types.h.
Except that for cygwin, they are not there. Trying to compile it with an
older version of the file types.h that had these types defined resulted in
incompatibilities for other types, like time_t, for example.

Please advise.

Dana Vrajitoru