Renaming issue, changing case only.

David Rothenberger daveroth@acm.org
Wed Mar 4 16:52:00 GMT 2009

> On Mar  3 20:05, David Rothenberger wrote:

>>> coreutils has some magic to make this work that is lacking in
>>> subversion or libapr1 or libaprutils1. Does this work with Cygwin 1.7?
>> Doesn't work with Cygwin 1.7, either.
>>
>> The work-around is to do a commit between moves:
>> % svn mv file File.tmp
>> % svn commit -m ''
>> % svn mv File.tmp file
>> % svn commit -m ''
>
> Cygwin 1.7 itself has no problems to rename a file just case-wise,
> neither under casesensitive mount points nor under caseinsensitive
> mount points.  This looks like a problem in svn.

Or it's a problem with the operator. :-) Seems I wasn't actually running
in Cygwin 1.7 when I thought I was. Plus, I was using a /cygdrive path
with case-sensitivity turned off.

I will retry again today with a proper 1.7 environment. If this works
with 1.7, I'm not going to try to patch svn for 1.5. Otherwise, I'll
investigate further.

Default, n.:
         The hardware's, of course.