.bashrc

Dave Tang d.tang@imb.uq.edu.au
Mon Jun 29 09:35:00 GMT 2009

On Mon, 29 Jun 2009 17:41:08 +1000, Thorsten Kampe
<thorsten@thorstenkampe.de> wrote:

> * Dave Tang (Mon, 29 Jun 2009 17:34:44 +1000)
>
> Dave, don't send emails to my private email address. Keep the Reply-to
> to the list.

Sorry about that, will remember that.

> Have a look at /etc/passwd how HOME is set. Check if that file is
> sourced. Then you could set option xtrace to see what is being done.

I did a bit of googling but could not work out how I can find out if a
file is sourced. I also tried to search for "set option xtrace" without
luck. Could you elaborate a bit more for a biologist?

Really appreciate your help,

Dave