setup-1.7.exe command line options

Thrall, Bryan bryan.thrall@flightsafety.com
Tue Jun 23 22:54:00 GMT 2009

Andy Koppe wrote on Tuesday, June 23, 2009 4:08 PM:

> Where can I find documentation on the setup-1.7.exe command line
> options, in particular the one for installing packages without
> invoking the GUI that I think was added last year?
>
> I had a look in all the places I could think of, but without success,
> and invoking setup with -h, -H, -help or --help does nothing.

I guess you are using an older setup-1.7.exe; When I type 'setup-1.7.exe
-h', I get:

$ setup-1.7.exe -h
Starting cygwin install, version 2.629
Current Directory: E:\My Downloads

Command Line Options:
 -D --download                          Download from internet
 -L --local-install                     Install from local directory
 -s --site                              Download site
 -R --root                              Root installation directory
 -P --packages                          Specify packages to install
 -p --proxy                             HTTP/FTP proxy (host:port)
 -q --quiet-mode                        Unattended setup mode
 -h --help                              print help
 -l --local-package-dir                 Local package directory
 -r --no-replaceonreboot                Disable replacing in-use files
on next
                                        reboot.
 -X --no-verify                         Don't verify setup.ini
signatures
 -n --no-shortcuts                      Disable creation of desktop and
start
                                        menu shortcuts
 -N --no-startmenu                      Disable creation of start menu
shortcut
 -d --no-desktop                        Disable creation of desktop
shortcut
 -K --pubkey                            Path to extra public key file
(gpg
                                        format)
 -S --sexpr-pubkey                      Extra public key in s-expr
format
 -u --untrusted-keys                    Use untrusted keys from
last-extrakeys
 -U --keep-untrusted-keys               Use untrusted keys and retain
all
 -A --disable-buggy-antivirus           Disable known or suspected buggy
anti
                                        virus software packages during
                                        execution.
Ending cygwin install

Older versions of setup just wrote this output to setup.log and
setup.log.full in the directory where setup was run, but now it writes
it to stdout, too :)

--
Bryan Thrall
FlightSafety International