Perl Win32::OLE ADODB.Connection fails on Vista

Reini Urban rurban@x-ray.at
Fri Jun 19 18:39:00 GMT 2009

Tim Adye schrieb:
> I have been using the Cygwin Perl Win32::OLE module as a nice way to query
> Access databases [*]. This worked fine on Windows XP (32-bit), but no longer
> works on a new Vista (64-bit) machine. The initial connection
>
>   $conn= Win32::OLE->new ('ADODB.Connection')
>
> fails with
>
>   Win32::OLE(0.1709) error 0x8007007e: "The specified module could not be
> found"
>
> Connecting to some other OLE applications (eg. Excel.Application) works OK.
> The same ADODB script works fine from ActiveState Perl (at least for the
> 32-bit version; there is no 64-bit version of the Microsoft Access Driver,
> so ActiveState Perl x64 fails at the next step). However I'd prefer to use
> Cygwin Perl.
>
> I upgraded Cygwin's Win32::OLE to the latest version (perl-5.10.0-5 comes
> with Win32::OLE 0.1703, while the latest ActiveState Perl has Win32::OLE
> 0.1709), but that didn't help.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas?

Unfortunately I have no idea at all and no Win64 machine to test.

The author jand is there and he also has a win64 machine.
But he has no cygwin :(
--
Reini Urban
http://phpwiki.org/  http://murbreak.at/